abcMallorca is looking for a full-time IT Manager and WordPress and Magento web developer.
The Web Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as develop new technologies and websites. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
In addition to interfacing with the in-house and external IT team, this candidate will work directly with management, from concept to completion. Skill set should include project management, organisation, stakeholder communication, thought leadership and expertise in web development & interface process design.
The right candidate will be comfortable working in a varied, fast-paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Code and implement WordPress and Magento sites from layout through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins.
- Interface new web applications to our existing systems as identified by management through packaged and customised applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and ensure that all internal systems are integrated.
- Perform complete testing of web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary.}
- Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- Design and implement new features and technology enhancements of existing websites.
- Facilitate staff training, site documentation and maintenance.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Highly motivated and a minimum of 3+ years experience working in web development and interface design
- Strong knowledge of WordPress with experience of building themes, plugins and widgets.
- Strong knowledge of Magento with experience of modifying templates, integrating API’s and Web services with underlying experience of Magento’s template system and multi-store structure.
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL).
- Experience with building responsive and scalable sites for platforms.
- Familiarity with web standards and usability.
- Experience with common development tools and standard practices.
- Active user of social media and how it can be utilised to create and support business opportunities.
- Eagerness to identify, learn and use new and changing technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Speak fluent English (Spanish and German an advantage).
Please send your up-to-date CV in English or Spanish and a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate interview. It would also be good to receive URL’s of projects you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to the project. Salary and conditions are dependent on experience and qualification level.
Helen & the abcMallorca team