Where to walk? Most trails can be found in the north, in the Tramuntana mountains. Its trails offer panoramic views of the coastline and the mountains. In or close to the most popular places, you can normally also find accommodation and thus enjoy a longer outing. What do I need?
- Make sure to wear adequate shoes, ideally mountain boots.
- The weather can change fast in the mountains, so it is always a good idea to bring a rain jacket.
- For the same reason, you should bring sunscreen and a hat, as the sun can get quite hot even in winter.
- Be sure to take plenty of water and snacks with you.
- If you are planning to stock up on fuel in a local restaurant, it is a good idea to check if it is open beforehand, as many close in the low season.
- Don’t forget your map either, as sometimes the paths are not very well defined and one can get lost easily.
There are also several companies on the island which offer walking as part of a holiday package or as day trips.
General information about walking in Mallorca and many routes: www.illesbalears.es/ing/majorca/hiking.jsp
Mallorca is paradise for hikers with the mountain range of Serra de Tramuntana to explore in a wonderful climate. Here is your guide to hiking in Mallorca. […] Hiking in Mallorca