The eastern part of the Palma city Wall, by the sea, was opened in mid-October.
A total of three and half million euros was invested in the 5,000 m2 bulwark.
The only preserved parts of the city wall that was built in 1575 are those with a sea view. The architect Elias Torres was commissioned to create this bastion, built with typical Mallorcan sandstone. The project is now in need of more funding to complete the initial plan, which includes a small museum.