About Ribello Restaurant
Ribello is a high-quality but fairly priced Italian restaurant at the quieter end of the famous C/Apuntadores, in the atmospheric Palma quarter of La Lonja. The restaurant is owned by Elena Baquera, who has a passion for the Slow Food movement and its principles, as well as Italian cuisine.
Ribello has an intimate ambience and elegant interior, attracting diners who appreciate a more sophisticated setting when eating out.
Maître d’ Lucas Miguel Balbuena leads front-of-house service and chef Liliana Ceron is in charge of the kitchen.
Ribello is open for dinner only on a daily basis. The restaurant closes for part of winter but is open during the festive Christmas/New Year/Three Kings’ period.
The cuisine at Ribello
The food at Ribello is authentic Italian and based on prime-quality produce. It includes ‘la pizzetta’ – a choice of pizzas with a home-made thin-dough base and rich tomato sauce – made in the manner that Italians make pizza in their homes.
Vegetarians and those on a gluten-free diet are catered for.
The following are examples from the à la carte menu (which may be subject to change):
- Salad of sautéed shrimps, seasonal leaves, sundried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, and Parmesan.
- Cornetti di Prosciutto – thinly sliced Parma ham filled with lobster, dill, Cognac, lemon, and mixed with a light mayonnaise.
- Melanzane alla Parmigiana – Parmesan-roasted aubergines, rich tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
- Vegetariana – fresh basil, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, marinated artichokes, mozzarella cheese, and rocket.
- Un Lusso di Lasagna – luxury lasagne made with fried aubergine, Parma ham, ricotta with truffle, cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Tagliatelle Mare e Monte – sautéed shrimps with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, lobster base and mascarpone, served with tagliatelle pasta.
- Salmone all’arancia – grilled salmon with roast potatoes, broccoli, and carrot strips served with an orange sauce.
- Risotto di pollo y funghi – creamy chicken and mushroom risotto with Marsala wine and mascarpone.
Wines at Ribello
The wine offering ranges from good-value Italian wines with character, to labels that will satisfy connoisseurs of Italy’s wines.