The decor and concept of this restaurant changed when it reopened in March 2018. It is now an Asian fast food restaurant and take-away. The information below is no longer valid.
About The Kitchen
Situated in what was, for centuries, much-loved patisserie Can Frasquet, The Kitchen is a modern Mediterranean-Asian fusion bistro with a warm elegant ambience. The head and group chef have long experience operating in renowned Michelin-starred restaurants, and offer a menu of varied and flavourful dishes based on quality fresh local ingredients.
In addition to à la carte dishes, The Kitchen offers a good-value three-course set-lunch menu, while a raw bar awaits upstairs for those wishing to indulge in freshly prepared seafood. A cosy private dining room is ideal for groups of up to 20 people.
The Kitchen has a wine list of Mallorcan and Spanish wines, with a good choice offered by the glass.
The Kitchen offers nourishing Mediter-Asian cuisine, combining familiar Mediterranean and more exotic Asian ingredients. Dishes are designed to be nourishing and to make you feel at home, and many are suitable for sharing. The menus include dishes suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
The à la carte lunch and dinner menu is divided into sections: Pica Pica, Sushi & Raw Bar, Starters, Fish, Meat, Vegetarian, Sides and Desserts.
Examples of menu dishes
- Japanese-style deep-fried shrimps with a lime mayonnaise (4 pieces)
- Scallops marinated with mango, red onions, lime and sweet chili sauce
- Thai asparagus salad with Mahón cheese, Iberian ham and sesame dressing
- Hake fillet with miso hollandaise, yuzu gnocchi and crispy kale
- Free-range truffled chicken breast with pear risotto and walnuts
- Wok stir-fried yakisoba noodles and vegetables
- The Kitchen cheesecake with yuzu, and thyme crumble
- Chawan mushi with coconut, mango, and passion fruit
Austrian Simon Petutschnig is the group chef, responsible for the design of the dishes at both The Kitchen and sister restaurant The Lab. Before moving to Mallorca, Simon worked in Austria, Switzerland, and in Michelin-starred restaurants in Barcelona and Girona. He has a passion for Asian cuisine and deep respect for Mallorca’s high-quality local produce.