The beautiful island of Mallorca is one of the most favoured Mediterranean locations for investors, second home buyers and holiday-makers alike.
Today, the island is more cosmopolitian than ever, with a lively resident multinational community and a vibrant year round capital. If you are thinking to buy a home on Mallorca but still need a bit more convincing continue reading here to find out the top 50 reasons why you should own a home on Mallorca.
1) There are, on average, 300 days of sunshine a year – that’s a lot of vitamin D!
2) The international mix of people who live, work and play here, means there’s a truly cosmopolitan lifestyle and a culture of tolerance.
3) Stable political environment and improving economic climate.
4) Well-developed infrastructure for property transactions, including real estate agents, lawyers, reputable banks and currency exchange specialists, able to speak your language.
5) A reputable legal system and protected property rights.
6) Little risk of overdevelopment of the island in construction terms, because of protected ‘green zones’ and limited land and infrastructure to support mass development.
7) A long history of increasing property prices and values.
8) It takes only around two hours to fly to any major European cities from Palma.
Properties for sale NOW!
9) Great air connections with the rest of Europe, particularly in the summer, including private jet charter services.
10) The unspoilt beauty of much of the island.
11) There are 262 beaches to discover and enjoy.
There are 262 white sandy beaches, of which 60 fly the blue flag, on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Mallorca. Here is your complete guide to the best beaches on Majorca. […] Best Beaches in Mallorca
12) Diversity of the island’s landscape: from the dramatic 90 km-long Tramuntana mountain range to the salt flats of Ses Salines and agricultural lands of the Pla.
13) A UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Serra de Tramuntana – on your doorstep.
14) Mallorca is home to the world’s only island population of black vultures and has a rich diversity of flora and fauna for nature enthusiasts.
15) The island has been shaped by its rich history – much of it still in evidence.
16) Local culture and traditions continue to be maintained and cherished by the islanders.
17) A year-round cultural calendar with something to enjoy every month.
Mallorca offers a host of top class cultural events annually. Here is your guide to what’s going on culturally on Mallorca during the year. […] Mallorca’s Cultural Scene
18) Specific opera and ballet seasons, and a number of renowned summer music festivals of different genres, attracting international performers.
19) Big names in the pop music world are increasingly coming to perform here, such as Elton John, Seal, Simply Red, China Crisis, The Corrs, Van Morrison, Joe Cocker, and George Benson.
20) More than 20 superb courses make this a golfer’s paradise.
21) Whatever your water sport of choice, you’ll be able to enjoy it somewhere on the island.
Watersports are popular in Mallorca with the beautiful coastline crying out to be explored and enjoyed. We tell you where you can find the best places and a […] Watersports in Mallorca
22) Surrounded by the Mediterranean, it’s a fabulous island for yachties, with some particularly beautiful parts of the coastline only accessible by boat.
23) Well-equipped marinas around the island, including the glamorous Puerto Portals, which opened 25 years ago, and new Philippe Starck-designed superyacht haven Port Adriano.
The luxury harbour in the south west of Mallorca is the hub for super-yachts as well as offering top class restaurants, boutiques & glamorous events and concerts throughout the year. […] Port Adriano in the southwest
24) Footie fans have the chance to see big La Liga football teams (like Barça and Real Madrid) in action locally when they play Real Mallorca at Son Moix.
25) Many towns and villages boast decent sporting facilities, such as tennis and basketball courts, football pitch and an outdoor swimming pool.
26) Professional multilingual tuition is widely available for sporting activities such as golf, tennis, scuba diving, windsurfing, horse-riding and sailing.
27) Cycling here is relatively safe, with some 350 km of official signposted cycling routes.
28) You can watch your favourite TV programmes from back home.
29) Lower pollution levels mean healthier breathing and cleaner living.
30) The clarity of the light here is not only uplifting for the soul, it’s also an inspiration to artists. And those starry night skies . . .
31) Whatever your hobby or interest – or age – you’ll find groups and clubs where you can pursue your chosen activity and make new friends.
32) There are more than 4,000 hotels – including renowned international chains offering recognised standards – to suit every taste and budget, so there’s plenty of choice when visitors come to stay . . . or you fancy a break away.
Mallorca is an ideal place to spend your holidays with a lots of hotels. Are you looking for a hotel near the beach or boutique hotel? Here you’ll find it!
33) Palma is a major port-of-call for some superb cruise ships, making a cruising holiday a convenient option for home-owners.
34) Great quality locally-produced wines – and an increasing number of award-winners.
If you appreciate good wine then you are going to love this magazine about the 101 best wines of Mallorca as carefully tested and selected by our wine connoisseur. Enjoy the best of Mallorca. […] The 101 Best Wines of Mallorca
35) Seven Michelin-starred restaurants and quite a few that are ‘waiting in the wings’.
36) More than 2,000 restaurants across the island – from budget to blow-out – with cuisine from almost every corner of the world to be found somewhere.
The guide to abcMallorca’s recommended restaurants for 2018 in each area of the island. Sea front, city, or countryside… Bon profit! […] Best Restaurants on Mallorca 2019
37) Good internet connection available across the majority of the island.
38) A choice of excellent private international schools, including the superbly-appointed Ágora, for children from pre-school to international high school level.
39) Opportunity for children to learn additional languages, at an age when they’re most receptive.
40) A safe and healthy environment in which to raise children.
41) The Mallorcans can be very friendly and welcoming and, even outside the main tourist areas, are often able to communicate at some level in another language. Learn to speak some Castilian or Mallorcan though and you’ll open up a whole new social world!
42) Most services – from car repairs to home maintenance – can be supplied in all the major languages.
43) Mallorca is open all year round, with activities like golf, walking, cycling and bird-watching all available in the cooler months.
44) The whole infrastructure is improving: superb quality roads, new hospitals and clinics, public transport, hotels, restaurants and shops.
45) A reputation as a generally safe place.
46) Wide variety of useful quality information in foreign languages to help make a life here.
The abcMallorca guide covers every aspect of Health and Wellness on Mallorca – from the best spas to retreats, to the most highly recommended medical specialists on the island. Read online now! […] Complete Health & Wellness Guide to Mallorca 2015
47) Well-developed hospital and medical care with availability of international specialists and language assistance.
48) Good networking opportunities (eg abcMallorca Business Club) and business advice for foreigners who wish to set up in business here.
49) The capital of Palma is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, with well-maintained and sympathetically restored historic buildings preserving the city’s rich architectural heritage.
The capital of Mallorca and the Balearic Islands, Palma is the pearl of the Mediterranean. Discover why it’s been named the world’s best city to live in. […] Palma de Mallorca
50) There are properties here to suit every requirement and budget, from city weekend bolt hole to luxury front-line architect-designed villa.
If these top 50 reasons have helped you to go ahead with your decision to buy a second home on this beautiful island please read the following related articles which will help you finding a property and make the moving process much more smooth and easy.
More about Moving to Mallorca
Once you decide to move to Mallorca, here is your guide to take you through the process of moving and to make your relocation as easy and as possible. […] Moving to Mallorca Guide
Often titled ‘The California of Europe’ Mallorca has so much to offer those seeking a new life in the sun… […] Why Mallorca is Number 1
Thinking of moving to mallorca? Here you will find out where are the best regions and towns to live on the island and why they may be interesting for you. […] Mallorca’s Best Areas to Live
We hope you found this article about the Top 50 reasons to own a home on Mallorca useful and that you have many memorable experiences as a result of our recommendations.
We are always pleased to hear from you, so do send us your feedback by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.